Help Grade OSSE!
Your input determines the agency grade. Fill out the survey on OSSE. Tell us what you think--good or bad--and help us to improve our service to you.
The Office of the State Superintendent of Education sets high expectations, provides resources and support, and exercises accountability to ensure that all residents receive an excellent education.
- Sets statewide policies, provides resources and support, and exercises accountability for all public education in DC.
- Distributes federal grant funds and local funds relating to closing the achievement gap
- Develops policies associated with testing and administers multiple assessments annually (DC CAS, DC CAS-Alt, ACCESS, NAEP)
- Ensures that children and families receive year round access to well balanced meals by providing federal reimbursements, training and nutrition education to program participants.
- Provides bus transportation to school for District children with special needs.
- OSSE administers programs that fund adult literacy education and college tuition programs that cover up to $10,000 a year toward paying the college tuition for any qualified applicant living in the District.
Tell us what you think!
Provide general feedback on OSSE
If you would prefer to leave feedback on a specific OSSE service, select from this drop down